Thursday, September 22, 2005

quote for the day...9/22/2005

"...And we shall be made truly wise if we be content; content, too,
not only with what we can understand, but content with what we do
not understand."
~Charles Kingsley, Health and Education On Bio-Geology~

so, i receive a daily quote emails to give me something profound to think about for the day. i now realize how much this sucks since i used to be able to come up with my own sayings off the top of my head, and currently find it hard to philosophize as i used to.

today's quote struck a chord with me this morning as i checked my mail during a quiet moment at work. fittingly enough, there are so many things i have yet to understand here that lately i find at least one instance per day that my work experience is befouled by some sort of confusion. where this really ties in is that such a quote promts me to simply find contentment in my position, regrdless of the unending clusters i encouner in my career. i had hoped that by posting this, maybe all of you may also find your path in cleansing your mind of things which do not matter, or are simply out of your control. thus, allowing more of us to just be happy with the current situation more than that which we cannot change or comprehend. not saying however, that we should give up on trying to learn new things, but continue to strive for the betterment of our society.

simply put into my own variation:

be happy where you are. work to improve upon your faults and deficiencies. make an impact when you can, but do not attempt the control of that which you cannot change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home