Wednesday, January 18, 2006

i've seen your face, but can't remember your name...

The “War on Terror” is like the “War on Dandruff”… It’s only a metaphor having no real meaning at all.

So, it’s been quite some time since anyone has heard from me, and I’m actuallly feel sort of guilty having a place to document my life and not be using it. God forbid the day comes when I can’t recall a major event and have no reminder that shit even went down. Anyhoo, there is much news surrounding us at YouLose Inc. jen and I found out recently, that we will be having another baby. At first the whole idea simply had the ‘shock and awe’ type of effect on me. However, by the time I got home from work, I was more concerned with what to name him/her than with bigger issues (money, money, and money). I just figure hey, when hasn’t everything just worked out? It always has in the past. I’m confidant we’ll be fine, now that we’ve had time with Genevieve to figure out how all this parenting stuff really works. I owe most of my calmness to her (Genevieve). She’s been such a great kid so far, bearing with us as we learn more about her, us, and raising a fun kid who really knows how to stick it to the man. Well, we haven’t got to the sticking it to the man part, but I’m sure she’ll be about it by age 3.

Speaking of which, I recently came across a new independent film… “The Yes Men”
I must say, they have a great premise, and I mostly agree with what they’re trying to do.
They call it Identity Correction. In a nutshell, they impersonate reps for big business, and others in the corporate world in an attempt to change the world for the better; by simply turning up the volume on corporate wrongdoings causing such an uproar that by the time the media finds out, these “corporate criminals” must change their whole way of thinking. I think it’s a great scheme. If you want more info, hit up “theyesmen.org”.

That’s gonna have to be all for now… You’ll hear from me soon.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home