Saturday, July 31, 2004

the cure for writer's cramp is writer's block...

someone once said, "In a real sense, I am constantly writing autobiography, but I have to turn it into fiction in order to give it credibility."

this is the sense i felt after watching "Big Fish" last night. i thought it was a great movie, but we're not here for a review. we're here to talk about me, so if it's movie reviews you want; you lose. go to Ebert and Roper's site. now, what i personally got out of this movie is that you can make your life's stories as boring or as interesting as you want. even if some of it is simply fabrication.

the reason i'm telling this to anyone is lately i've been having issues with my writing. which is somewhat bothersome to me, since that in the past, i have written pieces of prose and poetry that amazed even myself. i don't consider myself to be the next Dickens or Frost, and some people say i'm selling myself short. maybe i am, i don't know. if i can find the book i've kept for years, maybe i'll post some of it here. i do know however, that i've been suffering a chronic case of writer's block, and feel suddenly cured. my level of creativity is suprisingly heightened and it feels great. if only i can figure out how to put the words together in a readable fashion. at any rate, i'll hopefully have new material for you in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home