Tuesday, August 24, 2004

i have a dream...

"I don't think necessity is the mother of invention - invention, in my opinion, arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble."
-Agatha Christie

if there is any part of this quote that's possibly true, i guess i'm in pretty good shape. one, i consider myself to be somewhat lazy. not in that inordinate sense, but moderately lazy. i'm sure some of you will disagree, but hey, what can you do. also, the whole idleness thing really plays into at least 5 hours per week. see, i have no idea where it all comes from, but i've been having these ideas. just about every time i see some new product being peddled to the masses via that wonderful invention we call television, i get some crazy thought in the space between my ears on how i can make it better. plus, there's a certain bent appeal to the notion that possibly one day i will have the know-how, and the funding to create something for the people that will eventually make me rich. well not rich, but wealthy. you know, the way Chris Rock put it. shit, at this point, i could settle for hood rich. at least that could bump me up a step from my current ghetto fabulous existance. not that there's anything wrong with being ghetto, as fabulous as it may be. either way, if anyone happens to know some wealthy folks who'd like to give me some of their yuppie money, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home