Tuesday, September 28, 2004

yes, i am still alive...

OK. I know I haven't posted anything in a while. it really just comes down to time. the job's got me working seven days in a row at times, and I just can find the time, or the words to give you all something worthwhile to read. however, I want to prevent myself from losing the few faithful readers I still have, so I’m planning to give you at least one post weekly. now, if I only had something to say....

oh yeah, I bought a PDA. HP iPAQ to be exact. I’d like to express my thanks to the inventors of these fun little devices, as it has made my life much simpler. I no longer come home with pockets full of shreds of paper inscribed with messages which become indecipherable over the course of a twelve hour shift. now I simply put it in the PDA. gotta love technology. I’d also like to thank Steve for providing me with some games to keep me occupied during my moments of boredom. let's see, what else has been going on....

Jen and I have a new baby doctor. I can't say that I’m pleased with her, or should I say, them. most insurance companies know that patients feel much more comfortable with seeing one doctor. commonly known in my field as the Primary Care Physician. especially when this doctor will be delivering your child. now, Kaiser Permanente will provide you with a PCP, but this consists of seven, count them seven doctors, whom you don't even really see before the delivery, and a nurse practitioner. so, we go to the doctor, see the nurse practitioner, and when the baby comes, go to the hospital where we could very well meet the doctor for the first time. I don't know. I’m sure we'll get through it OK, but it just isn't very personalized.

and this is one reason why I don't go to the doctor. for anything. I haven't been to the doctor for myself in a good 4/5 years. which I think I a good thing. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. some people seem to think otherwise. I just don't feel comfortable going to a medical office and have some guy in a white lab coat do things to me that I won't do to me. if you ask me, fuck that. sure, if I’m sick, of course I’m going to go. it's the only way to get a prescription.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home