Wednesday, October 06, 2004

quote for the day...10/6/04.

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done." -unknown

more and more am i beginning to believe this. and more often than ever do i find myself witnessing such an atrocity. not only in the general political sense which most of us seem to be dealing with lately, with the election and all, but more so in my own personal life. i know i am the last person who should bitch about prcrastination, but how long must i have to put up with it? yes, if you were wondering, i'm talking about the most popular subject, work. and i know i'm not the only one. i do what i do because i enjoy it. and not to sound ridiculously forward, but i'm good at it. i simply believe there's something to be said when i, having just one year of professional education in my field, am relied upon for answers to questions from those with more structured education who can't seem to retain knowledge. yes, much of the knowledge i have has been self learned. self learned? hrmm, ok here's the thing. any time i come across something i don't know much about, i look up the facts so that in the future, i am able to provide better performance and care to my patients and my company. which in the end, puts me in the postition to assist some of my higher-certified coworkers in an effort to delay the inevitable from happening to someone who's been dying for years.

i'm sorry. i seem to be blabbering. it's not my fault i was born with the "gift of gab". ok, back to the point. with my given experience and talent, why is it so hard for me to aquire a set shift at work. and as for the quote, all i seem to get from the higher-ups at the job is, "we're moving forward". but forward to what? and when will we get there? i do however have a couple friends in high places when it comes to the EMS community, and they're doing their best to help me out. my only hope is that things will proceed in an expedient manner. the thing i can't say much about it is the hours. i have at least been getting the full forty hours per week, and i know good things will be happening, one of which is a well deserved promotion, and in time, my set schedule will be implemented. i did get a chance to speak with our Director of Operations this evening, and he stated that my situation, along with a handful of others who find themselves in the same boat as myself, are now his top priority provided nothing that would prevent the company from existing any longer happens in the not so distant future. so, in the end, there is an up side to my frustration. thank god.

enough for now. Rescue Me is on, and it requires my undivided attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home